Friday, September 13, 2013

Day One - 30 luglio (July), 2013



It was a beautiful morning today in Rocky River, almost too nice to leave.  Somehow I pictured that our suitcases would be lined up at the door on this last day and we would sit on the patio and share a final cup of coffee while we watched Scout chase squirrels.  Instead, we were disposing of leftovers, washing our sheets and writing notes to JB right up until my friend Carol arrived to take us to the airport. I even threw away a pair of underwear that didn't make it into that last load of laundry. Everything looked very neat and organized when we closed the door. Everything that is, except Scout who laid on her bed with her new toy and knew something different was happening today.

Now I am in an airplane with 200 other people somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. For once, I am enjoying the feeling of nothingness. The last two months have been intense and loud and full of color as I ended my career and said too many good-byes. I am excited about the possibilities ahead and a little anxious about how to make the most of it. I am hoping that this blog will help me find my way.





No comments:

Post a Comment